DAILY NEWS AND REVIEWS OF THE WEB TEMPLATES INDUSTRY
Internet plays an important role in our modern life. We use it in professional purposes, to check out the latest news or simply to entertain. It is no surprise that a number of recording companies and music bands bring their business online and start official websites. In such a way, they may effortlessly promote their new products, get closer to fans, share tour schedules, sell tracks, and more. But in order to make it all work you need to create an eye-catching resource that would draw your visitors’ attention once they reach it and motivate people to keep navigating through it to discover more.
No doubt, the most effective way to achieve success is to develop a stunning home page design with user-friendly interface and easy navigation that would please even the most exacting user. Today we’ll concentrate mostly on rock band web designs, share some useful tips on how to make your resource attention-grabbing and useful, as well as have a look at 15 awesome examples of rock band websites to inspire you for new projects.
Helpful Rock Band Web Design Tricks
The goal of any rock band website is promoting their tracks online and expanding fan base. Music websites should be anything but boring, so you may add some awesome details that would reflect the nature of your band, audio and video files from the recent gigs, tour photos, etc. In short, you may stuff your rock band site with anything you wish to make it more visually appealing and engage more viewers in.
- Your visitors should be able to make an educated guess about your band at the first sight on your home page. Your band logo, members’ photos, lyrics, songs and other details should be easily recognizable. In short, the home page design should stir uses’ interest to stay on your site and discover more about you.
- Content is the king. Alongside with checking out your band photos, audio and video recording, your visitors would like to learn more about your band, its history and members. Integrating a blog section into your site you’ll give users a unique opportunity to be the first to know about your latest news, achievements, and more. Interesting and entertaining content will give people a reason to come back and follow your archives.
- Informative content blocks are nice to some degree. Modern web users prefer short posts with plenty of outstanding images rather than long texts. Creating a special block with photo galleries from your gigs, some backstage shooting, and pictures showing a common day in the life of a rock star will definitely erouse your fans’ interest and let them get closer to your band.
- How can a rock band website go without some live streaming samples? Once people reach your resource, most likely they’ll be willing to listen to some of your latest recording and even purchase them. We recommend setting up audio streaming right on your rock band website, let people buy the entire albums or just a few tracks, and even offer free music downloads.
- Don’t deprive people of the opportunity to buy something from your site. Alongside with selling digital content you shouldn’t forget about providing your audience with the opportunity to buy some physical stuff like CDs, t-shirts, wristbands and anything else with your band logo. In addition, you may also start selling tickets for each gig once you go on tour. If you can’t manage sale son your own, such external sites as Ticketmaster will come in handy.
Best Rock Band Websites Showcase
We have collected 15 cool examples of rock band web designs. Each of the sites we list below feature unique design that presents some cool characteristics of the band’s genre, songs, video clips, audio and video recordings from their gigs, and plenty of other cool stuff. We hope our rock band websites showcase will inspire you for new rocking projects.
We use ribbons to add some festive mood to our homes on special occasions, add bright elements to birthday or wedding greeting cards, presents, etc. The same effect can be applied to your website. Brushes are no doubt one of the most popular and frequently used Photoshop tools. Whether you are a beginner or a pro graphic designer – the brush tools allow applying outstanding effects to any artwork.
If you’ve been working as a graphic designer for some time already, then you should know how helpful well-crafted brushes can be when developing your next project. As a rule, Photoshop comes with a limited number of pre-installed brushes, however you can always find a wide range of free ribbon brushes on the Web. We have decided to smoothen things down for you and came up with 20 most outstanding free Photoshop brushes. If you want to use them in commercial purposes, we recommend to thoroughly check out whether the author permits this or they are restricted to the private use only. Most of them allow commercial use of their products provided you ask for permission.
Download the brush sets you like, install them right into your brush library, and feel free to add some fine decoration to your artworks.
Tied-Back brush by Ssumenona
Have you ever thought how adding a progress bar to your website can influence your visitors and conversion rate? We all claim that one of the basic web design rules is: creating a user-friendly resource, that would be able to provide people with the full information and services needed, and leave them satisfied. But how can it be user-friendly if your visitors have to stare at the blank screen during the page load? This is when progress bars come in handy. Web designers do their best to create something unique and eye-catching, something that would draw attention of your visitors and make them stay on your page.
Progress bar is an essential web design element that is being used to display progress of any operation that might take some time or the current percentage for processes like page load, file download/transfer, installation and more. In web design this component of user interface (UI) design is commonly accompanied by textual representation of the progress in percent format to show when this or that operation will be over. One of the latest web design developments is an indeterminate progress bar that is being used when the running of any operation cannot be displayed in percent (you may see several examples of such components below). Progress bar is not the only element used in such purposes. Web developers have come up with various icons, buttons, ribbons, menus, calendars, etc. to display the progress and make waiting fun.
In our compilation below you may find 40 creative progress bars that can be used in web design – 20 of them are available for free download, whereas 20 other can be a fine source of inspiration for your own web projects. Enjoy!
One would have thought that nothing can be easier than designing a logo. However, it’s more complicated than it seems. It’s always a bit of a challenge to create a company logo that would reveal the main objective of your business and make people talk. Pretty often the most minimalist, simple logo requires lots of time and effort to be crafted, so don’t underestimate the amount of work involved.
Logo is the face of your company. What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking about such well-known brands as Coka Cola, Pepsi, McDonald’s, and Starbucks? I believe that would be their remarkable logos. One of the key points to consider when working on a logo design is making it recognizable and unique. Applying hand-drawn technique will help you develop a logo that would be easily recognized and show off your company personality. Have a look at our showcase of 30 cool hand-drawn logos. Find a cool source of inspiration for your next design project!
Calling a taxi has become easier and more convenient than ever before. Forget about hours spent under the rain trying to catch a yellow cab. No more undue stress and annoying fellow travelers. Now people can reserve whatever vehicle they wish and get a ride in just a few minutes by clicking a button on your taxi company website. The good news is that you don’t need to waste time on developing an eye-catching layout of your company web page. Grab Free HTML5 Theme for Taxi Company, the rest will be done for you.
Creating a solid online presence and building a customer base are the key points that matter to taxi companies the most. Once people reach your website, they should be able to find any information about your company and services, have a look at the cabs provided, as well as fill in the booking form with ease. Choosing this freebie, you’ll be able to offer your customers everything mentioned above and much more.
What colors come to your mind when thinking about a taxi? The theme is built in yellow paired with light and dark gray for creating a stronger appeal and persuading customers in the reliability of your business. A large canary yellow block with the contact phone number welcomes visitors to get in touch with you, while featured blocks and vehicle categories provide people with the whole range of services you offer. Users can have a closer look at your vehicle fleet on the Gallery page and fill in the Booking Form to rent any car they wish.
Overall, the freebie features everything you need to engage more customers and let people enjoy a more convenient way of ordering a cab online.
Follow the links below to view the demo and download the theme for free.
Today it’s hardly possible to find a smartphone user who is not familiar with mobile apps and their simplicity. People of all ages – from kids to adults – can find apps that fit their needs and use them for different purposes, sometimes very private ones. So, why not make use of mobile app design and reflect it in a common desktop website that would imitate the style and interface of mobile apps? App style interfaces are distinguished by their intuitive structure, easy navigation and bold design. Let’s come up with the key trends of app style interfaces and have a look at the 15 coolest examples of such sites.
App Style Design Trends
What do we mostly appreciate in mobile apps? Their simplicity and intuitive interface, which can be also applied to app style web design. Such websites commonly feature flat layout and focus on usability rather than gradients and realism. Have a look at wistia. What does its layout resemble? I guess it would remind you of the tile-base Widows 8 user interface. Modern users don’t want to read and look, they prefer to look and do. Wistia meets such requirements perfectly.
HTML5 is the latest hyper text markup language for websites released back in 2011 and supported by all major browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, and Opera. Today we offer you a set of the best HTML5 tutorials to learn about the latest of its features and see how to use HTML5 on your website.
What is HTML5?
HTML5 is the successor of HTML 4.01 launched back in 1999. The Internet has changed a lot since then and the release of HTML5 was a clear need. The latest markup was first made public in 2008, though the final version was released to the audience in 2011 when people could finally try it out on their own.
HTMl5 public release didn’t rule out the possibility of packing it with new functions and more impressive features. Keep reading to find out what’s new.
Adobe Illustrator is the first program that comes to our mind when thinking about creating outline art. This is the best solution for making a cool company logo, a technical drawing, and the customized drawing of any commercial product. We often use its most recent and enhanced features, like new panels, enhanced edit appearances, etc. forgetting about some basic tools that can do magic as well. Today we’re going to talk about one of such Adobe Illustrator tools – brushes. Using Adobe Illustrator Brushes you can create a multitude of things – drawing and stylizing the appearance of paths, applying brush strokes to the existing paths, mimicking real-life calligraphy, sketching out, etc.
Adobe Illustrator Brushes Types
The first thing we should mention when we start talking about Adobe Illustrator brushes is that we may choose between 5 brush types or use them simultaneously – calligraphic, scatter, art, pattern, and bristle.
- As the name suggests, calligraphic brush in Adobe Illustrator imitates the look and feel of a calligraphy pen nib (a)
- Scatter brushes disperse copies of objects (flowers, hearts, leaves, etc.) along the path (b)
- When using art brushes, the shape of the brush or shape of the selected object is evenly stretched along the path (c)
- If you want to create strokes with the appearance of a natural brush with bristles, then select a bristle brush (d)
- Pattern brushes feature up to five individual tiles (for the begging and end of the pattern as well as the inner/outer corner and the sides) that repeat along the path (e)
As you may see, calligraphic, art and bristle brushes resemble each other, though they differ slightly, while scatter and pattern brushes always make the same effect. The only difference is that unlike Pattern brushes that follow the path precisely, Scatter brushes don’t. Let’s now find out how to take everything you can from all these brush types.
Millions of people suffer from hunger, sickness, poverty, divorce and abuse all over the world. To support and help them in tough living conditions, volunteers team up to create charity organizations, to spread the word and contribute financial and material assistance for those who deserve it. If you are planning to start a website for a philanthropic organization, then consider Free HTML5 Theme for Social Organization.
This freebie will fit those of you who are planning to start a website for volunteers, social and charity organizations, and other. Well-coded and wallet-friendly, it will become a good basis for starting your charity website. Thanks to its minimal look, your visitors will learn about the services you offer, the campaigns you are running, find out all necessary contact information, etc. with ease. That being said, let’s now see what this freebie features.
Theme’s Basic Features
- One of the key tasks of any social organization is to grab the audience’s attention. Owing to the jQuery slider located at the top of the webpage, people will be able to learn about your community work and meet your staff in person.
- The top set of 5 sub-pages includes ‘What We Do’ and ‘Media’ sections, where you can share videos and posts on the recent/upcoming events as well as a brief schedule. You may also welcome more people to become a part of your project by posting contact info and make a donation by clicking on the donation button in the top right corner of the page.
- JQuery Direction-Aware Hover featuring the entire list of your campaigns is the major focus on the homepage. This is the place where people may learn about all of the projects your social organization is running and choose any they would like to join.
Overall, the freebie has a clear and optimistic layout, providing people with everything necessary for becoming part of the community and helping the needy.
Click the demo button below to see how your website based on this theme will look like or push the download to get it for free.