Archive for March, 2014
Adobe Illustrator is the first program that comes to our mind when thinking about creating outline art. This is the best solution for making a cool company logo, a technical drawing, and the customized drawing of any commercial product. We often use its most recent and enhanced features, like new panels, enhanced edit appearances, etc. forgetting about some basic tools that can do magic as well. Today we’re going to talk about one of such Adobe Illustrator tools – brushes. Using Adobe Illustrator Brushes you can create a multitude of things – drawing and stylizing the appearance of paths, applying brush strokes to the existing paths, mimicking real-life calligraphy, sketching out, etc.
Adobe Illustrator Brushes Types
The first thing we should mention when we start talking about Adobe Illustrator brushes is that we may choose between 5 brush types or use them simultaneously – calligraphic, scatter, art, pattern, and bristle.
- As the name suggests, calligraphic brush in Adobe Illustrator imitates the look and feel of a calligraphy pen nib (a)
- Scatter brushes disperse copies of objects (flowers, hearts, leaves, etc.) along the path (b)
- When using art brushes, the shape of the brush or shape of the selected object is evenly stretched along the path (c)
- If you want to create strokes with the appearance of a natural brush with bristles, then select a bristle brush (d)
- Pattern brushes feature up to five individual tiles (for the begging and end of the pattern as well as the inner/outer corner and the sides) that repeat along the path (e)
As you may see, calligraphic, art and bristle brushes resemble each other, though they differ slightly, while scatter and pattern brushes always make the same effect. The only difference is that unlike Pattern brushes that follow the path precisely, Scatter brushes don’t. Let’s now find out how to take everything you can from all these brush types.
Millions of people suffer from hunger, sickness, poverty, divorce and abuse all over the world. To support and help them in tough living conditions, volunteers team up to create charity organizations, to spread the word and contribute financial and material assistance for those who deserve it. If you are planning to start a website for a philanthropic organization, then consider Free HTML5 Theme for Social Organization from TemplateMonster.
This freebie will fit those of you who are planning to start a website for volunteers, social and charity organizations, and other. Well-coded and wallet-friendly, it will become a good basis for starting your charity website. Thanks to its minimal look, your visitors will learn about the services you offer, the campaigns you are running, find out all necessary contact information, etc. with ease. That being said, let’s now see what this freebie features.
Theme’s Basic Features
- One of the key tasks of any social organization is to grab the audience’s attention. Owing to the jQuery slider located at the top of the webpage, people will be able to learn about your community work and meet your staff in person.
- The top set of 5 sub-pages includes ‘What We Do’ and ‘Media’ sections, where you can share videos and posts on the recent/upcoming events as well as a brief schedule. You may also welcome more people to become a part of your project by posting contact info and make a donation by clicking on the donation button in the top right corner of the page.
- JQuery Direction-Aware Hover featuring the entire list of your campaigns is the major focus on the homepage. This is the place where people may learn about all of the projects your social organization is running and choose any they would like to join.
Overall, the freebie has a clear and optimistic layout, providing people with everything necessary for becoming part of the community and helping the needy.
Click the demo button below to see how your website based on this theme will look like or push the download to get it for free.
Spring is the right time for showing new looks, great mood and burst of creativity. If you have been thinking about redesigning of your website or starting a new one, it’s pretty nice time to do it. I offer you to perform it easily and cost-effectively with Free HTML5 theme from TemplateMonsterthat is a perfect fit for a variety of web presences that deal with architecture, interior, exterior and whatever designs.
Neat layout, clean approach to design makes this theme look undoubtedly stylish and appealing for the viewers. Choosing it as a basis for your site, you can be sure that the number of its visitors will increase. Light green (Persian green – #009b97) creates a contrasting mix with white color on the background and focuses attention of headings, menu and call-to-action buttons. The design makes use of plugins for sliders, animation effects for content blocks for being appealing for its viewers.
Top slider with images and captions is created on the basis of Camera slideshow, free jQuery plugin. Featured blocks come with fancy animation which offers interactive way of browsing images from the gallery. Social buttons with tooltips in the footer will draw visitors’ attention and welcome them to social accounts of the company. To see how the theme with all these features performs, click demo button. Go on and follow download link to get the freebie to give a perfect modern look to a site.